Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birds & birds


People who have read my blog for a little while know how much I love birds. I love watching them, feeding them, but I do not like them caged....I take pictures of them, when I happen to see them and occasionally I come across things, which have a bird theme. Nice ones. Delightful fabrics are sometimes among them, or wallpapers, ceramics, jewelry. 
Birds are a timeless inspiration, symbol of freedom, beauty and and song.

               
               

Yesterday I heard this little guy long before I spotted him. So loud and clear a thrilling sound.
        





And this small owl found her way onto my dresser...  

    
The old 19th Century Swedish duck illustrations were laminated and getting used as place mats in our household.




I found the wonderful wallpaper here.




And last but not least: The tireless woodpecker across the street... 


is brass designed...


 helping you to say hello!
Get him here.





All images by V.Zlotkowski and as indicated.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Victoria:
    The sound of birdsong in the spring perhaps is so much sweeter than at other times of they year as one has been without it for so long over the dreary months of winter.

    This has been a delightful post to read and we like all the birdy decorating examples you show here.Spring has sprung!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane and Lance. Indeed, our tulips are out and the daffodils too.
      I hope you are both well!

      Delete
  2. Don't you just love spring! And that sweet birdsong arrives way before the flowers - a sort of spring appetizer. Great photos.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found your blog and I liked the content. From today I am a follower of yours, if you want to invite you to visit my blog, if you like it, I would like to have you as a follower on my blog to keep in touch.
      For the translation, I have helped Google Translator
      With warm regards.
      Manoli.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Billie, I agree, we already keep the windows open, just to hear
      them!

      Hello Manoli, thank you for your kind comment and for following me.
      I will surely come and see what you are doing!

      Delete
  3. I love the sounds of the spring and watching birds sing and dance! Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope spring has sprung, up in your part of the New York State....
      : )))

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails