Monday, March 5, 2012

Springing ahead


Image

I have spring cleaning in my mind.... The sunshine gives me all the energy and for whatever reason I believe winter here has run it's meager course for this season. 
New York did not have much snow to begin with this winter, unfortunate ski resorts lost plenty of money, but I guess we experience some slow climate changes.


The garden in March


May it as it be, I will finally remove some pieces of decoration which have survived since Christmas and now need to move to be stored away. I crave flowers and fresh patterns, chocolate Easter bunnies are hopping all over the place in shops and I need to  breath fresh air.




Image 

After a long walk through the park on Saturday I could almost see the sprouting green and some willows sport already soft yellow green tips!


Spring brook


Thick winter blankets can be cleaned and stored away, I love to change pillows and wash slip covers. 


Image


I exchange aromatic wood scented candles to something fresh and airy...


Illume Spring Eden Candle
Image

My old recipe for letting spring in, is to open windows wide. The birds are singing, often early in the morning and I love to hear them.

Yesterday in our hedge to neighbor's garden.


We are checking the outdoor furniture, clean the cushions, and I look through catalogs to find plants and some planters for the deck!


Image


And nothing says spring louder than a pair of delicious flats...




Image

So, let's dance into spring!








All images as indicated and byV.Zlotkowski

10 comments:

  1. I'm with you! Spring is such a glorious time of year!
    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! Oh I adore the begin of this season, from the sleeping world into the first awakening.

      Delete
  2. I'm so ready for Spring....it's bitter cold here today but the sun is shining! I'm ready to have fresh air and sounds of the singing birds in my house. Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid, we still might get snow, we've had this in April.... But I am hopeful the sun is stronger! Thank you for stopping by! : )

      Delete
  3. Hello Victoria

    Aah, the birds, their decibel level is making records here too. I love it, including the loud crows.
    Your flats are beautiful and, like you, Spring is my favourite season

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helen,
      We have a lot of birds, they seem to be trained on our garden, we have a lot of wild growing greens, where they love to hide and build nests! I am an amateur bird watcher! It gives me endless pleasure!
      PS: These flats are not mine yet, but I love their painterly quality, so I should get them....
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I do adore Spring and I too have been busy cleaning and loving what I see coming ahead in the stores for one's home and wardrobe. I do love all the bright happy colors.
    See you soon for a picnic on a sunny day outside by the waterfront!
    xo-
    pve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A picnic sounds wonderful, I love that spot by the river!

      Delete
  5. richtig, der blog gehört fast zum spiegel dazu, ich bin die tochter. vielen dank fürs folgen, bei uns wird es auch schon langsam frühling, vielen dank für den link unter den schuhen, zur anthropologie seite, ich bin dort schon fündig geworden. ich hoffe sie geniessen den frühling, liebe grüße aus freiburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo, Sternwald, danke das ich Sie hier finde! Ich freue mich immer ueber Nachrichten aus Deutschland! Kommen Sie bald wieder! : )

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails